Saturday, February 7, 2015

Complete Hair Tutorial in 10 Minutes


Well, a few days ago I posted "10 Minutes Complete Hair Tutorial" on YouTube. But unfortunately it's not really 'complete' because I forget to tell you guys how to change the hair color. So, this is it. You can check out my video here :


And now, to change the hair color, it's pretty simple actually. First of all, you can pick a preset that is already given by default here :



After that, you can manually change the hair color by experimenting these value : 
  • Diffuse. Diffuse is your hair base color as you can see (top before, bottom after) :

  • Primary Specular. Primary specular let you change the hair specular color :

  • Transmission. The last is transmission color, i don't really know how transmission work but it 's make a really huge different too in the hair color


And that's it, the three important value. You can experimenting the value by yourself. Like on this hair, I use a map as the diffuse color :


Have fun. 😃

7 comments:

  1. شكرا على الدرس المفيد ولكن كنت اتمنا يكون الشعر طويل وكيفيت الحركة مع الجسم

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lesson is useful, but I hope you have long hair and how to move with the body

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, In my tutorial, I linked the hair with the head mesh, so if you want to move the hair with the body, just link the hair with the head bone in your rig.

      Delete
  3. How many time for a single render? And with how setup? And machine? (sorry for my broken english)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't remember about the time and the setup, but I think for a single render it's about 1 to 3 minutes. I use my laptop intel core i7, NVIDIA GT640M for rendering.

      Don't worry about your english, english is not my first language too..

      Delete
  4. I didn´t really understood the video in the render part, I try to render it with a non vray render and i just dont see the hair :C

    ReplyDelete